TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept these
booking conditions on behalf of yourself and/or your party. You will have been alerted
to the conditions of this booking at the time of booking and as soon as we issue our
confirmation invoice to you, a contract will exist between you and Kendall Consultants
trading as Jiva Healing. Please check your confirmation invoice carefully and contact us
immediately if any details are not correct.
Modifications by Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing
- It is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your retreat but we do plan the
arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make
changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. We may modify the list of
activities (e.g. yoga) and facilities (e.g. massage treatment services) included in
- Should the type of accommodation that you have booked be unavailable at the
centre, Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing will, upon your return, refund, if
applicable, any difference in price between the accommodation you have
booked and the accommodation you were allocated.
- We reserve the right to cancel your course in any circumstance up to 8 weeks
before the date of departure. For example, if the minimum number of guests
required for a particular retreat is not reached, we may have to cancel it. In this
event we will inform you as soon as practical and you will have the choice of
having a full refund of all monies paid or accepting an offer of an alternative
retreat of a comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price
difference if the alternative is of a lower value). This would exclude independent
- We will not cancel your course within 8 weeks of the date of departure unless
either compelled to do so by reasons of force majeure or if you have not paid the
final balance of your course.
- The prices for Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing courses as shown on our
website www.jivahealing.com are subject to change and you will be notified of
the correct cost of your course at the time of booking.
- The price of your course can be varied due to changes beyond our control
relating to accommodation, government action such as changes in VAT or any
other government imposed changes.
- In the case of any small variation, we will absorb or retain an amount equivalent
to 2% of the course price, which excludes any amendment charges on your
booking. For larger variation this 2% will still be absorbed for increases but not
retained from refunds. In either case, there will be a charge to cover agents’ commission if applicable.
- If this means you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the course price,
you will be entitled to cancel your course and receive a full refund of all monies
paid, except for any amendment changes. Should you decide to cancel for this
reason, you must exercise your right to do this within 14 days from the issue date
printed on your final invoice
- We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay you compensation where the
performance of out contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force
majeure’. This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to
cancel or change your course in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable
circumstances beyond our control.
- In these booking conditions ‘force majeure’ will include (but shall not be limited
to) war, threat of war, riot, civil or political unrest, industrial dispute, terrorist
activity threatened or actual in its consequences, natural or nuclear disasters,
fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of ports or airports, air traffic control
delays, technical problems of transport or other circumstances amounting to
Responsibility for Valuables
You are responsible for ensuring that any valuables are kept safe. Kendall Consultants
trading as Jiva Healing will not be responsible for any theft or damage of personal property.
Please ensure your have adequate insurance.
- We do our best to provide you with the photographs and illustrations which should
give you an impression of the facilities offered. These photographs and
illustrations aim to give you an idea of the standard of the facilities, but are not
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that the course which you book with us, is
supplied as is described on our website. If any part of your course is not supplied
as promised due to the fault of our employees, agents or suppliers, we will pay
you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your course.
- Facilities available ‘outside the retreat’ (e.g. sports activities, excursions) together
with connections arranged on the client’s request will remain under the sole
responsibility of the outside providers who organized them.
- If you or any of your party suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of
an activity which does not form part of your retreat or an excursion arranged
through us, we shall at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance.
Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must
obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings.
Booking and Cancellation By You
- We require a 50% down payment in order to confirm your booking. Payments can
be made in cash, cheques, bank transfers or via PayPal on our website.
- Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing does not keep any credit card
information or bank details. We use the Paypal system. We are a Verified PayPal
user. If you want more information please visit the web site: www.paypal.com.
- If you or a member of your party decides to cancel their booking, you as the
person who made the booking must advise us of this in writing, sent via email or
- Cancellation charges will apply depending upon when we receive the written
- If we receive written notification of your intention to cancel, there is no refund
policy on down payments with regard to cancellations made less than 45 days (6
weeks) in advance of the date you wish to come.
- However, from 45 days onwards a 30%of deposit cancellation charge will apply.
All outstanding payments must be settled three weeks before starting the course.
We will send you details of when you make the full payment.
- There is no refund policy in the case you want to shorten your stay.
- Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing is not responsible for expenses
incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips by a guest such as airline tickets or
for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellation or illness. We require all
participants to obtain travel insurance with a trip cancellation policy which covers
Passport, Visa And Immigration Requirements
- All customers must be in possession of a passport, valid for at least 6 months
beyond the planned return date. In addition to this, visas may be required for
- We will give advice wherever possible, however, your specific passport and visa
requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you
should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates.
- We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not
complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- We accept no responsibility for lost or damaged passports during your stay at the
Personal Injury Unconnected With Your Booked Travel Arrangements
If you, or any member of your party suffers death, illness or injury whilst overseas, arising out
of an activity that does not form part of your retreat arrangements with ourselves, we shall
at our discretion offer advice, guidance and assistance.
We cannot stress enough the importance of taking out adequate holiday insurance
against cancellation charges, unexpected curtailment of your holiday, medical expenses
arising overseas, personal liability claims against you, loss or damage to luggage.
Please note that your holiday arrangements will be terminated by ourselves or our suppliers
concerned (e.g. airlines, hotels, tour leaders etc.), if you are behaving in such a way as to
cause or be likely to cause danger or distress to others or damage to property. In this
situation, Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing will not be liable to make any refund,
pay any compensation or meet any costs or experience you incur as a result of your
behaviour. Please note that, at all times you are subject to the laws of the country you are
visiting and must respect local cultures and customs.
Please refer to the following disclaimer which forms part of the terms and conditions of the
agreement into which you are entering with Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing.
- Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing is not a medical or nutritional establishment.
If you suffer any illness you must consult your doctor before coming. We provide
accommodation, food and other holiday services. We do not prescribe any medical
nor nutritional supplements. Before you come make sure with your doctor that the diet
is suitable for your present health.
- When you make your booking with us you have to agree you are able to:
- Change your diet during your stay.
- Obtain your own health insurance and travel insurance.
- Confirm you are not taking any medicine which impedes you to drink vegetable
or fruit juices.
- Complete activities such as yoga, swimming and walking.
- No animals are allowed
- Health and safety
- Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing is under a duty to ensure so far as is
reasonably practicable that the health, safety and welfare of all Customers and
other persons affected by Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing's business
- It is the duty of all Customers to take reasonable care of their health and safety
and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to
co-operate with Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing so far as is necessary
to perform or comply with any requirement imposed by any relevant safety rules
regulations and laws.
- The Customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations/
recommendations from time to time introduced by Kendall Consultants trading as
- Use of Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing's facilities and participating in
activities promoted by Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing are undertaken
entirely at the sole risk of the Customer.
- Prior to using any of Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing's facilities or
participating in any activity promoted by Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva
Healing the customer must ensure and is solely responsible to satisfy him/herself
that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use such facilities or
participate in activities promoted or organised by Kendall Consultants trading as
- The Customer is under a duty to notify the Manager immediately upon arrival of
any medical or physical condition or pregnancy affecting them. Kendall
Consultants trading as Jiva Healing reserves the right at its absolute discretion to
restrict or prevent the Customer from using any facility or participating in any
activity promoted or organised by Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing
without liability for any refund.
- Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing will not accept any liability for any
injury to the Customer in their use of Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing’s
facilities or participation in activities promoted or organised by Kendall
Consultants trading as Jiva Healing beyond what is covered by our own public
liability insurance. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that he/she
has adequate personal insurance cover in respect of physical injury and other
- Security and valuables
The Customer shall take proper care and use of the accommodation, equipment and
facilities and shall reimburse Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing for any loss
breakage or damage occasioned by the improper or negligent use thereof prior to
departure. The Customer may not without the prior consent of Kendall Consultants trading
as Jiva Healing remove, or attempt to remove, from the premises any property whatsoever
belonging to Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing and the Customer shall be liable
for and reimburse Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing for any loss arising as a result
Kendall Consultants trading as Jiva Healing cannot accept any responsibility for loss or
damage howsoever occasioned to the personal property possessions or valuables of the
Customer, and it is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that he/she has
adequate insurance over in respect of their personal property.